As an interior designer, and lover of all things fashion, I adore playing with one of the most under-decorated spaces in the home- the closet. I remember a decade ago, when most homeowners didn't even consider this an actual space in their home, much less anything to address with anything more than hangers! Now, thanks to shows like The Amandas (on the Style Network), and professional organizers across the country, this once underutilized space is getting far more than the typical makeover. Closets are going posh, pretty and contain far more pretty than just what you wear! Check out some of these amazing closets and ways to get your clothes containing space all vamped up for your inner diva!
There are a few great tips to make the most of this potentially glam space:
1. Don't be afraid to go wild with color in this small space. Try bold paints, fun wallpaper prints, funky area rugs to make the most of your new room.
2. A chandelier or other extreme pendant light is always the crown jewel of the space.
3. Maximize hanging space by using felt or velvet hangers. Wooden hanger, though beautiful, require more closet space than these slimming hangers, meaning you will have to hang less clothing,
4. Add seating if you can squeeze it in there.
5. Have fun with it! Although planning the perfect outfit is serious business, play with your space. Try patterns and colors you may doubt will work or the dream paint color that your husband won't allow you to put on the walls. Anything goes in a small space behind closed doors. Do YOU!